Just Keep Holding On.

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Yippee!!!

So, I know it's been a while since I posted and I've just been so busy with work and school I don't even get time to breathe it feels like!

So...baby Patten is a GIRL!!! and if you've been following my updates on facebook you've known this for weeks now. Her name is Adalyn Dorothy. Adalyn means noble and Dorothy means gift from God, and is also my grandmothers name on my fathers side. We are very excited to have a little girl!!! I am already so in love with her and have to show off the pictures we got at the 4d ultrasound.





I don't know if you can tell, but she is obsessed with her hands and has Adam's nose :)
 
Also, since my last post I have figured out that my job title is Lead Teacher for  one of the school age rooms at my job. It's pretty interesting, but it's nice and the pay doesn't hurt either :)
 
Adam and I have been discussing Tennessee a lot more lately, and with Adalyn on the way it seems Adam is leaning more towards staying in the Marine Corps until he can retire, or wait until I have my Master's at least if he does decide to get out, which should be by the time this contract is up anyway. We are just not sure, we just want to do what's best for our growing family.
 
Speaking of what's best for the family. WE FINALLY GOT A NEW (reliable) CAR!!!! 2012 Honda Civic, so now I can go to Tennessee and not wonder if I will actually make it or not :) here she is:
 
Aside from things obviously being stressful, things are paying off!!! I jumped on the deal with the car while I could because I hadn't found better for a Honda. School is hectic with this summer overlap, but it will be worth it by next May, and work is going well and bringing in the money that we need to prepare for baby Adalyn. We have already starting purchasing cloth diapers (yes, we are doing cloth diapers), clothes, a swing, and are working slowly on other things. Adam told me today he is very excited to be having a daughter, and I am so excited for him to have his little daddy's girl.
 
 
I want to say thank you for all of the people who are praying for us and continue to do so. So far Adalyn is a very strong baby and everything looks great, and we believe she will continue to do so. We may not know all the answers, but we are doing our best and are very thankful for how far we've come and will continue to go through this journey with a new confidence. Hopefully, our past won't repeat itself and our years of death and sadness will fade, at least for a long while. Please, continue to pray for baby Adalyn, as she is our main concern and priority right now. Thanks everyone, I can't say enough how much I love you all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment